Saturday, December 19, 2009

SNOW DAY!!!

So what it's Saturday, a Snow Day is a Snow Day!!!


I finished my Christmas shopping last night. I'm good on milk, bread and toilet paper (what's the deal with that? Why those three things when facing a snow storm? Honestly, I only bought bread. I have six rolls of toilet paper and I live alone so I think I'm good. As for the milk...I'm lactose intolerate. I do not tolerate milk and all it's foolishness, damn it!)

Sorry about the mini-rant. I think the snow is getting to me already--LOL. They're calling for snow all day, ending somewhere around 12-18 inches. Now I know you mid-westerners will laugh yourself silly thinking that 12-18 inches is a lot of snow, but this place SHUTS DOWN with like 5 inches. They've been talking about it since Thursday on the news. They've been running the news broadcast all this morning. They've been out on the street talking to people at the gas station and Wal-Mart.

WTH?

With the exception of college and a little over a year in Miami, I've lived in Maryland all of my life and I still don't get why snow is such a big deal--why they have to send a reporter out to freeze their nads off just to ask people how the roads are. It's insanity!

I, for one, will not be venturing out. I have 2 WIP's I can work on, 1 completed novel to revise and several DVD's to watch. Not to mention, Hulu, Netflix and a fresh unopened bag of peanut M&M's! Can life get any better?

Here is the view out the back of my place.


Okay, so you don't think I live in a prison, here's a view without the blinds looking like bars-lol.


So tell me, is it snowing where you are? And if so, what are your snow day activities?










5 comments:

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

hehehe Im only a few hours away in Philly and everything is closing here. Im staying in all day and editing my WIP-I'm hoping the snow will help me kick ass and its forcing me to stay put! Good luck with yours today!

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

I love looking out your window. Snow is nice when you don't have to shovel it or drive in it. But, for me, no snow, just sun and about 75 degrees (sorry!) Enjoy those DVDs and M&Ms.

Tere Kirkland said...

It's a little chilly here, but finally some sun! I thought I was going to start molding...

Hope you're enjoying your snow day!

Jemi Fraser said...

Nice! Just in time for Christmas :) It's not snowing here now, but we've got lots with more to come soon. Enjoy!

BK Mattingly said...

We haven't had any snow yet :( I hope it snows soon though :) P.S. Love the view from your window!