Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Book, Book, and More Books

So far this year I’ve read/listened to 32 books. Last year, my total was 60, which I’m trying to beat this year. Looks like I’m well on my way! I know some don’t count audio books as actually reading, but I do. I listen to books only at work. My job lends itself to sitting in my office and going completely nutters if I don’t have something like the radio or audio books to keep me sane. This way, it’s better than the commercials on the radio and simple silence. If given the choice I’d read the actual book, but as I can’t do that and do my job, audio books have saved my life.

I especially love J. D. Robb’s In Death series. The woman who reads them, Susan Erickson, is awesome. And THAT can really make or break a book. There are some books that I suspect are really awesome, but the reader sucks the life out of the story so it’s impossible for me to listen to it.

Right now, I have no audio books left to listen to, so I’ve taken to re-listening to some of J. D. Robb’s. As for the actual books I have waiting…there are about six in my bedroom and about twenty on my wish list. I just finished the third in the Night Huntress series (At Grave’s End by Jeaniene Frost) and now I’m reading Pretties by Scott Westerfeld…I know I’m late, but there’s no expiration date on good reads!

No comments: