Whew! I just finished digging out from the snow…kidding…but wouldn’t that be an awesome excuse for why I’ve been M.I.A. for more than three weeks. The truth is, it’s been a combination of bad health and laziness. I’ve been having these headaches and dizzy spells because my blood pressure drops when I stand up. Turns out, I was severely dehydrated—who knew—and I was probably on too much medication for high blood pressure—go figure. So my doctor and I are working it out now and I’m feeling much better.
As for the laziness, well, there’s nothing to explain there except everyone goes through it from time to time where all you want to do is come home from work and plop down in front of the tv to veg out. I knew it was bad when I couldn’t even muster the energy to write on the weekends and I LOVE writing on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
But I’m back in the swing of things now. I’ve set myself a schedule for writing 1000 words a day and exercising 1 hour a day. The exercise has really revved me up and gotten my mental juices flowing…hence the blog update. I went out on a limb and bought the Power 90 dvd’s. If you’re not familiar with them, check out the link here.
My sister owns the dvds and she really likes them, plus they worked for her. So, while I belong to a gym, today is day one of the Power 90 dvd’s. I took all my measurements last night *gulp* and my weight *double gulp* and I’ll update my progress in 30, 60 and then 90 days. If any of you out there has used Power 90 or P90X please let me know what you think!
Anyway, on to better things. I was nominated for two awards during my hibernation! An Over the Top Award by Hannah over at Musings of Palindrome--—Thanks! And The Sugar Doll Award from Stina over at Seeing Creative—Thanks!
I’m going to cheat here a bit as the rules to both of these awards are similar. For the Over The Top Award I must:
Mention the person who nominated me and link to their blog. And then give one word answers to the following questions:
Your Cell Phone? Blackberry
Your Favorite Food? Italian
Your Hobby? None
Your TV? RCA
What Are You Wearing? Scrubs
Your Life? Awesome!
Your Music? Hodgepodge
Where Did You Grow Up? Baltimore
Your Car? Neon
For the Sugar Doll Award I have to tell ten unusual or unexpected things about myself. I’m going to make it five as I’ve already made this post long enough-lol-and I can’t think of ten things. :-)
1. I scored a perfect 90% on my test for the 12-gauge shotgun qualifications. I am in no way a gun fanatic, in fact I won’t own one. But when I was a correctional officer we had to qualify with a .38 and a 12-gauge. For some reason I took to it like I was a card carrying member of the NRA.
2. For the last year or so, I’ve worn fake hair! LOL. I have hair, nice, thick and healthy hair, but as I’m trying to save money, it’s just easier to wear the fake stuff sometimes. Most people have no clue unless they know me. I think by summer I’ll be going back to the salon regularly and won’t have the fake stuff then. Ironically, I’m a trained cosmetologist, but I don’t feel like doing my hair much anymore…am I getting old?
3. Once, in a high school rendition of The Wiz, I was on stage poppin’ and lockin’ like Re-run from What’s Happening and while the audience loved it, the director tore me a new bleep-hole for upstaging the other performers. That was not my intention…I just wanted a laugh.
4. When I was little, I used to live behind a school. The neighborhood kids and I would climb in the dumpster and get out all the old school supplies like dittos, chalk and pointer sticks! God, just thinking about it now gives me the willies. There was never any garbage in that particular dumpster, but still, it was a DUMPSTER!
5. I used to have a reoccurring nightmare as a kid about a giant crab. *note, I just fixed a typo that said I had nightmares about a giant crap! That would give anyone nightmares-lol* Maybe this has something to do with growing up in Maryland—who knows. But the crab would come up the back alley behind my house and peer into the windows with its beady little crabby eye looking for kids who weren’t sleeping. I was never afraid for myself because I knew it was coming and could fake sleeping, but I was terrified my sister would wake up as the crab was peaking through and it would take her. I had this dream off and on from the time I was 4 or 5 until I was about 10. Maybe one day I’ll understand what it meant…or better yet, maybe one day I can parlay it into a bestselling novel like J. K. Rowling and her Demetors!
The five people I want to award both the Over The Top Award and the Sugar Doll Award—see, I’m cheating—are:
Lisa Marie @ Confessions of a Writing Mama
Roxy @ a woman’s write
Sarah @ Falen Formulates Fiction
Katie @ …&& Prophetic Pictures
MG Higgins @ A Day at the Zoochini
Last but not least, I have to say I was very surprised to pull up my blog and see that I’ve reached 100 followers! You guys are awesome! Thanks for following and I promise to have regular updates from now on.