Monday, January 10, 2011

Sushi Slippers

Every once and a while you get a gift that, on the surface, seems so ridiculous, you wonder what the giver was thinking when they bought it for you. Well, my brother-in-law thought it would be funny to buy me Sushi Slippers.

What are they you ask?

Well, they’re exactly what they sound like…slippers that look like sushi. (I assume they are supposed to be salmon and tuna-lol) And they just happened to be the most comfortable slippers I own!!!

What started out as a gag gift is rapidly becoming one of my favorite things of 2011. So thank you, Naoki!

What quirky gift did you get that you ultimately loved? It doesn’t have to be from this year.

8 comments:

Tere Kirkland said...

LOL, my husband got me Monty Python and the Holy Grail Killer Rabbit slippers last year, they are so adorable.

This year the gift hit in my house was the Buckyballs I got for my husband. They're so fun!

Hope you had a great Christmas!

Karen Denise said...

Wow! I have to get those for my sister! She loves Monty Python. What are Buckyballs?

Stephanie said...

LOL! Love when that happens!! Enjoy them!!

Shallee said...

Ha, those are awesome! My sister once got a pair of goats at a white elephant gift exchange. Live, miniature goats. And the giver refused to take them back. Just so you know, goats are mean. But it makes a fun story! :)

Jai Joshi said...

Cute! I can't remember the last time I was given a gag gift but I used to love them! Oh yes! My friend gave me an oompa loompa doll with a nodding head. Everytime I look at it I smile.

Jai

WritingNut said...

Okay.. those are too cute! I`m glad you ended up loving them :)

Karen Denise said...

Thanks Stephanie, I'm wearing them now!

A pair of goats, Shallee??? Why would anyone send you goats? And yeah, they look mean-lol.

Oooh! An Oompa loompa bobble head! My sister would love that too. Jai, you've given me a good idea for my sister's gag gift next x-mas!

Thanks, WritingNut. I do love them.

Tere Kirkland said...

I think the slippers came from Think Geek.

Buckyballs are totally addictive magnetic balls you can play with or just use as a stress toy, or build cool shapes. I just got a second set, actually. They're fun!