Saturday, June 4, 2011

Long Overdue

Last month I went on vacation. My family and I went down to Florida to visit Disney and Universal Studios. Personally, I was only interested in Universal and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

All the same, I promised Tere Kirkland that I’d post pictures from my trip. I should’ve done this weeks ago since I’ve been back since May 14th.

So here are some pics from my trip to the Wizarding World:


My sister and I a bit tipsy at Bonefish Grill.

My sister was supposed to look demented like Sirius Black, but she kept smiling.



The handsome men of Drumstrang. They performed like in the movie (without the fire-breathing), but my sister got that on video.


The Lovely ladies of Beauxbaton. These people really were very much like the movie. Universal really went all out with this park. I was very impressed.

The frog chorus was nice, but I could not make heads or tails of the song they were singing. I don't know if they do more than one song, but I didn't know what the heck they were singing and it didn't sound too good-lol.



This was at Sea World at the Seal and Otter Show. It was a funny show, but that seal was huge! Actually, I don't know if it was sea lion or seal...what's the difference?


Here are some of my souvenirs. This is a tumbler set with all the house seals on them. Nice to have a cool glass of pumkin juice from. Btw, Pumkin Juice tastes like Thanksgiving in a bottle! And Butterbeer tastes like a sweeter version of a cream soda...it was too sweet for me.

My lovely Marauder's Map coffee mug. It holds a large amount of coffee so I can sip and write an entire chapter if my brain is flowing well.

The Triwizard Cup! I saw this and had to have it. I'm wondering if I can drink wine out of it at Boordy Vineyard this summer.

All of my non-nerd friends (which would be all of them) said they won't go out with me if I wear this. But who cares, I'm wearing this shirt! My sister bought a really cute sweatshirt, but it was a bit too expensive for me.


So there you have it, some of the pictures from my vacation. Have any of you been to the Wizarding World yet? If so, tell me what was your favorite part?

4 comments:

Brooklyn Ann said...

That is soooooo awesome! I'm now going to spend the rest of my day writhing in envy. :)

Karen Denise said...

Awe, Brooklyn. It's time to start planning a vacation! I sugggest going while school is in session if you aren't bringing kids. If you are going with kids, then just prepare to stand in long lines. It's worth it though.

Tere Kirkland said...

Man, I want to go to the WWoHP so bad now!! Lucky duck!

Thanks so much for sharing your pics! I can't believe I missed them this weekend, but I've been suuuuper busy. No excuse, I know. Is it sad that my new goal in life is to move to Florida and become a member of the frog chorus? ;)

Thanks again, Karen, and it's nice to see you posting again!

Karen Denise said...

Hey Tere, I'm trying to plan another trip for Feb or some other month where I won't melt into a puddle of chocolatey goodness-lol. Or where I won't have to wait half a day in a line. I'll keep you posted just in case you can make it.
Oh, I know. When you set up a book tour, make sure Orlando is on the list!