Friday, July 31, 2009

MIA

Wow, it’s been a while since I’ve updated. Life has been a bit busy, what with vacation (HOT azz Reno) and just being summer. I think I’ll be back in the swing of things next week. My birthday is Monday, and I plan to go to Boordy Vineyards tomorrow to have some wine, tour the vineyard and relax with friends. The band playing is a British invasion band so I’m thinking Beetles tributes are in my future. Hope they’ll be good, but I’d wager after my third glass of wine, they may be the best darn band in the world.

Some people think this sounds sad, but I’m making my own b-day cake—lol. I’m not really making my own cake. One of my best friends’ birthday is the same day, and she’ll be at the vineyard too, so I’m kinda making it for her. But the real reason I’m making my own cake is because I was watching this show called The Oprah Effect. They featured this cake company called We Take the Cake. Well they have this cake called a key lime cake. It looked so good that I’m going to try to make it! There isn’t a location near me, and I don’t have time to order one from them…besides, I fashion myself a pretty good baker. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

To round off my b-day weekend, some friends and I are heading to Annapolis on Sunday to have brunch at a restaurant called Buddies. They have the best buffet, and I don’t even like buffets! Then we’ll walk by the water and look at all the shops…that is, if it’s not an ungodly rain like it’s been for the past few days.

Now, I’m off to watch a few more episodes of Supernatural, do a fangirl squee over Jensen Ackles, and then head off to bed.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy birthday! I'm going to have to check out Supernatural. I've heard many great things about it :D

Karen Denise said...

Thanks! Supernatural rocks! And it's not only because Dean and Sam are hawt but because the show is written well, with clever stroy lines and great effects...okay, so they don't pay me or anything, I just love it-lol.

Keren David said...

Just saw you won the Secret Agent contest on Authoress's blog. Well done, and well deserved! Good luck with the next step...

Karen Denise said...

Thanks, Keren! You beat me to my post-lol.